If you ever need to change your resident code (the permanent lock code you use for your smart lock) you can do so through the Zego Home mobile app.
To change your resident code, do the following:
- Open the Zego Home mobile app.
- From the Smart Home tab, click the lock codes button.
3. Then from the lock codes menu, click the yellow "X" next to the current resident code. This will delete the current lock code.
4. Confirm that the current code has been deleted. It may take up to 30 seconds to delete the current lock code.
5. In the resident lock code field, enter the new 4-6 digit lock code you would like to use. Click the "+" symbol to create the new code. Again, it may take up to 30 seconds to create the new code.
6. Once the lock code has been successfully created, you should receive a text message stating that the old code has been invalidated and the new code is now usable.
If you are having issues creating a new lock code, please let us know by reaching out via our support chat or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.